Tuesday, January 17, 2012

new hand-lettering design

Saw this sentiment on a car in San Francisco. Wanted to buy it for myself, but only found icky generic-looking versions, so I made one!
I put it in my zazzle.com shop if you want it on a T-shirt, like me.


Michelle Cusolito said...

Love the art.

That phrase comes from Michael Franti and Spearhead. They have a free "Power to the Peaceful" concert in San Francisco every September.

I love their music. My favorite phrase from him: "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb it into peace." Check him out.

Michelle Cusolito said...

Now that I think about it, you might need to be careful of copyright laws.


tina kugler said...

Actually, the phrase itself appears to be public domain, if you google "power to the peaceful sticker" or "button" there are a TON of different ones (hippie-gear stores, Cafe Press), none of which are affiliated with the actual festival.

Michelle Cusolito said...

Oh, good. I just felt like I should say something just in case!

tina kugler said...

Thanks, Michelle! I was careful to check it out first. :)